“This easy French recipe is perfect to include in your brunch or lunch menu.”
Smoked Salmon and Crab Meat Millefeuilles
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes (to toast bread and assemble millefeuilles)
Total Time: 30 minutes
- 6-8 slices of smoked salmon (depends on size of salmon slices)
- 6 slices of white bread cut into rectangles (4×2 inches)
- Half a can special crab meat (jumbo or special)
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- ½ tbsp. lemon juice
- 1 chopped parsley
- 1 tsp. chopped oregano
- ½ tbsp. chopped scallions
- ½ tbsp. Dijon mustard
- 1 tbsp. creme fraiche
- 1 tbsp. finely diced European cucumber
- To make the crab salad, put the crab meat in a bowl and add the following: diced cucumbers, herbs, lemon juice, mustard, mayonnaise and creme fraiche. Gently mix.
- Lightly toast the sliced bread rectangles.
- Cover 1 slice of bread with smoked salmon. Cover the smoked salmon with 2 tbsps. of the crab meat salad.
- Repeat the steps to make second stacks of bread layered with smoked salmon and crab meat salad.
- Put the second stack on top of the first stack. Then cover with a third slice of bread and smoked salmon. This will make 1 millefeuilles.
- Repeat the process to make a second millefeuilles.
* Use 1-2 smoked salmon slices per layer, depending on size of salmon slices.
Restaurant Information: Chef James Boukhalfa is Executive Chef at the Via Mizner Golf and Country Club in Boca Raton, Florida, which includes the popular Grill Room & Bar.