Photos courtesy of Brenda L. Thomas
“This recipe can be cooked in the oven, fried in a pan with sautéed onions, or be put on the grill. Perfect to take to a BBQ.”
Ganny’s Italian Turkey Burgers
Course: Lunch or dinner
Cuisine: Soul-infused Italian
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 25 minutes
Total Time: 45 minutes
Serving Size: 4
- 1 pound of ground turkey
- 2 hot Italian turkey sausages (remove skin)
- Vidalia onions, diced
- 2 small mixed-color bell peppers, diced
- 4 chopped mushrooms
- 1 tsp. of minced garlic
- McCormick’s Hamburger seasoning
- McCormick’s Roasted Garlic & Herb seasoning
- A sprinkle of Italian bread crumbs
- 1 raw egg, beaten
- 3 tbsp of olive oil
- Lightly sauté the onions, peppers, garlic, and mushrooms.
- Mix the ground turkey and sausage in a bowl, adding seasoning and onion mixture.
- Mix well and then form into patties.
- Allow to sit in the refrigerator for 30 minutes to get firm.
- Warm olive oil in a pan over medium-low heat.
- Place the burgers in a frying pan two at a time—not to crowd—and cook for at least 8 minutes on each side or cook on the grill for an even better flavor.