Photos and recipe courtesy of chef JJ Johnson/Cleo TV’s “Just Eats with Chef JJ.”
“Juicy and tender chops that you can cook in 15 minutes or less.”
Pan-Fried Pork Chops
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 15 minutes
Serving Size: 4
- Vegetable oil
- 4 bone-in pork chops
- Kosher salt
- 2 cups flour
- 2 tbsps cayenne pepper
- 4 sprigs oregano, chopped
- In a large cast iron pan, add enough oil to measure a quarter halfway up the side and turn on the heat to medium-high.
- Mix the cayenne pepper into the flour.
- Season the pork chops with salt and fresh oregano.
- Dredge the pork chops in the flour, tapping off the excess and place right into the hot oil.
- Cook until the pork chops are golden brown on each side.
JJ Johnson is a James Beard Award-winning chef best known for his barrier-breaking cuisine connecting the foodways of West Africa and Asia to the Americas. He is the host of “Just Eats with Chef JJ” on TV One’s Cleo TV and founder of FIELDTRIP, a quick-casual rice bowl shop with locations in Harlem, Long Island City, and Rockefeller Center.