Photos courtesy of chef Andre Carthen
“It’s like a bright sunshiny day bursting with vitamin C”
California Citrus and Strawberry Salad
Prep Time: 25 minutes
Cook Time: N/A
Total Time: 25 minutes
Serving Size: 6
- 3 medium oranges
- 3 medium grapefruits
- 1 cup sliced strawberries
- 1 tbsp honey
- 2 tbsp raspberry vinegar
- 1 tsp orange zest
- 6 sprigs of fresh mint for garnish
- Zest the rind of the two oranges. Set aside.
- Peel, section, and seed the oranges and grapefruits, removing the white membrane. Set section aside.
- In a small bowl, mix honey, raspberry vinegar, and orange zest.
- Place orange and grapefruit sections topped with sliced strawberries on a serving platter. Drizzle with honey, raspberry orange vinaigrette.
- Top with a sprig of fresh mint for garnish. Enjoy!
This recipe comes from Janet Jackson’s New York Times #1 bestseller True You, where chef Andre’s contribution of healthy recipes and meal plans account for 1/3 of the book. To learn more about chef Andre, visit his website and follow him on Instagram.