Photos by chef Kyle Taylor
“This dish is simple and perfect for summertime, light, refreshing and versatile with a burst of flavor.”
Watermelon and Ahi Tuna Poke
Course: Lunch/ Dinner/Appetizer
Cuisine: American/Asian Fusion
Prep Time: 20 min
Cook Time: 0
Total Time: 20 min
Serving Size: 4
- 4 cups cubed watermelon
- 16 oz sushi-grade ahi tuna
- 2 tbsp fresh mint (chopped)
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 2 tbsp honey
- 1 cup chopped green onion
- ½ cup ponzu sauce
- 2 tbsp minced ginger (pickled or fresh)
- 1 lime
- For dipping, add crostini/tortilla chips
- Cut tuna and watermelon into cubes, and combine in a medium size mixing bowl.
- Add your chopped green onion, and fresh mint.
- In a separate bowl mix together ponzu, honey, minced garlic, and ginger.
- Add in the ponzu mixture.
- Mix well and serve as desired with a zest of lime on top. Add in jalapeño or crushed red pepper if you’re feeling spicy.
- Serve over rice or lettuce to make it a poke bowl or salad. For a great appetizer, you can serve it with crostini or my personal favorite, scooping it up with tortilla chips.