“This incredibly moist layer cake is a delicious and fun twist on the classic dessert.”
Banana Pudding Cake
Prep Time: 45 minutes
Cook Time: 22 – 25 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour and 10 minutes
Serving Size: 18 slices (slice according to vanilla wafer width)
- 2 sticks butter, softened
- 1 3/4 cups sugar
- 3 eggs + 2 egg whites
- 3 tsp vanilla
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 4 oz box instant, sugar-free banana pudding mix
- 1 cup milk
- 4-5 medium ripe bananas
- 2-3 individual vanilla puddings (from a 4 pack in the grocery store)
- Large cool whip for frosting vanilla wafers.
- Preheat oven to 350 °F.
- Prep three 9″ round pans by lining the bottom with waxed paper.
- Cream butter and sugar until the batter is light and fluffy.
- Slowly beat in eggs and egg whites, one at a time. Beat in vanilla until well combined.
- In a separate bowl, combine flour, baking powder, and pudding mix. Add into wet ingredients in three separate additions, mixing until just combined alternating adding your milk until combined.
- Divide batter and pour into pans. Bake 22-25 minutes or until cake is golden and begins to pull away from sides of pans.
- Allow cake to cool 15 minutes in pan. Loosen and remove from pan. Cool for another 1-2 hours on a wire rack.
- Slice your bananas. Lay them on top of the 1st layer.
- Spoon 1 or 1 ½ individual vanilla pudding cups on top of the bananas. Repeat for 2nd layer. Add 3rd cake layer.
- Frost the entire cake with cool whip. Wrap the sides of the cake with vanilla wafers.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve.
Side Notes: I typically use 54 cookies. (I counted them once!) You can decorate the top with whole or crushed wafers also. It’s a definite crowd-pleaser. My cousin ordered one from me. He picked it up and took it to a party. He made the mistake of leaving the cake alone for a few minutes. When he came back the cake was gone! He didn’t get one piece! Have fun making this!
Restaurant Information: Sweetz By Nana Kai is Karin Morgan’s home baking business, straight out of Hazel Crest, Illinois. To schedule an appointment and taste some of Karin’s delicious sweets, contact her by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or Facebook @SweetzByNanaKai.