Photo by Courtney Jones
“A beautiful blend of seafood, creamy grits, and fresh tomatoes in a fragrant cream sauce.”
Lobster Shrimp and Grits
Course: Brunch or Dinner
Cuisine: Southern American
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 45 minutes
Serving Size: 2
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 8 extra jumbo shrimp peeled
- 2 ounces diced andouille sausage
- 3 ounces lobster claw and knuckle meat
- 1 tbsp chopped shallots
- 1 tsp chopped garlic
- 8 ounces of heavy cream
- 2 tsp old bay seasoning
- 8 grape tomatoes (cut in half lengthwise)
- 1 tbsp cold butter
- 1 cup stone-ground grits
- 2 cups whole milk
- 2 cups water
- 1/2 cup shredded jack/cheddar blend cheese
- Place milk and water in a saucepot and bring to a boil. Add grits and bring to a boil again.
- Turn down to a simmer and cover. When grits are done, add shredded cheese. While grits are cooking, prep other ingredients.
- In a large sauté pan, add oil and heat on medium heat. While oil is heating, season shrimp with 1 tsp of old bay seasoning. Add sausage to pan and sauté for 30 seconds. Add shrimp and sauté for 30 seconds, then flip over.
- Add shallots and garlic, sauté for 30 seconds. Add lobster meat, sauté for 30 seconds. Add heavy cream and 1 tsp of old bay seasoning, cook for 1 minute.
- Add tomatoes and remove from heat. Swirl in butter until melted and sauce is thickened.
- Spoon grits into 2 large bowls. Place shrimp and other ingredients around the grits evenly. Pour cream sauce around the grits.
Photo by Scott Elmquist
Chef Mike Lindsey is the chef/owner of Lillie Pearl. Lillie Pearl is located at 416 E Grace St, Richmond, VA 23219.