Photos by Carēs JaRon
“This intensely flavored salmon recipe is everything you could imagine.”
Stuffed Blackened Salmon with Cream and Brussels Sprouts
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
Serving Size: 4
- 6 oz skin-on salmon filets (4)
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- ½ lemon
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tbsp parsley
- 1 cup fresh spinach
- ½ tsp black pepper
- ½ tsp cayenne pepper
- 2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp Old Bay
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 5 tbsp butter
- 1 oz cream cheese
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1 cup parmesan cheese
- canola oil
- Brussels sprouts
- Pat salmon dry and brush the tops with oil.
- Mix black and cayenne pepper, smoked paprika, salt, ground cumin, and Old Bay together in a shallow bowl.
- Place each salmon filet flesh side down in the seasoning and push firmly to evenly coat the fish.
- Cut a two-inch hole on the side of salmon and stuff with fresh spinach.
- Lightly brush a heavy-bottomed skillet or cast-iron skillet with butter or oil and heat on high for 1-2 minutes.
- You’ll know it’s ready when a dash of water sizzles on the pan.
- Place salmon (seasoned side) down and cook on high for 2-3 minutes
- Flip each filet over, turn the heat to medium, and brush tops with oil, lemon juice, and chopped parsley.
- Continue cooking for 6-8 minutes or until the internal temperature reaches 145F.
- If the bottom becomes too crispy, turn down the heat or place salmon on its side to finish cooking.
- In a saucepan add remainder of butter and let melt.
- Pour in heavy whipping cream and bring to a simmer.
- Add cream cheese and parmesan cheese
- Once mixture has a creamy consistency, place mixture on each filet.
- Clean and cut Brussels sprouts in half and coat in ½ tsp of oil of your choice.
- Place flat side down in hot skillet and 1/3 cup of water.
- Cover and cook for 6 minutes or until tender and crisp.
• Use cold fish and a very hot pan for additional blackening.
• Don’t move fish after you place it in pan.
Chef Tiara Smith is the founder and creator of The Drop Off Chef, a lunch delivery service. To order, visit her website or follow her on Facebook and Instagram.