Photo by Keith Saunders
“This is one of my favorite recipes. It’s my version of the stuffed chicken from Ruth’s Chris, but in my version I add a few extra herbs and a dash of Emblem Lemon Olive Oil.”
Spinach Stuffed Herb Seared Chicken
Course: Lunch or Dinner
Prep Time: 30 mins
Cook Time: 45 mins
Total Time: 1 ½ hours
Serving Size: 1-2
- 2 boneless and skinless chicken breasts
- 2 tbsp garlic salt
- 2 tbsp onion powder
- 1 tbsp paprika
- Pinch of sea salt
- Dash of cracked pepper
- 2 tbsp butter
- 5 oz softened cream cheese
- 1/3 cup fresh grated parmesan cheese
- 1 1/2 tbsp mayonnaise
- 1 cup fresh chopped spinach
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- In a large bowl, combine softened cream cheese, mayonnaise, parmesan cheese, minced garlic, and chopped spinach. (reserve for later).
- Make a small incision forming a small pocket into the thickest part of the chicken breasts.
- Season each breast with garlic salt, onion powder, pepper & salt, and paprika on all sides. Stuff each chicken breast with the cheese mixture (by pipping the cream cheese mixture into the small incision). To keep the filling inside, seal each end of the breast with a toothpick.
- Preheat a skillet with butter and a teaspoon of olive oil over medium heat. Brown all sides of the chicken.
- Place into an oven at 300°F and continue cooking until the internal temperature reaches 165 °F.
Photo by Joshie Photos
To learn more about Chef Jacoby Ponder, watch him on YouTube and follow him on Instagram.