“Build the perfect Italian sandwich right in your kitchen.”
Prep Time: 12 minutes
Cook Time: 2-3 minutes
Total Time: 15 minutes
Serving Size: 1
- 2 slices Italian bread
- 3 slices salami
- 2 slices ham
- 2 slices turkey
- 2 slices tomato
- 3 rings onion
- sprinkle basil (1oz)
- mayonnaise (2 oz)
- Italian dressing (1oz)
- 2 slices provolone
- Toast Italian bread.
- Microwave meat and cheese approximately 45 seconds or until hot.
- Layer meat and cheese on one piece of bread and put on panini grill, or broil in the oven until cheese is melted.
- Assemble mayo, Italian dressing, tomato, onion, and basil on the other slice of bread.
- Combine two halves of the sandwich.
- Cut in half, serve with a side of your choice. Will likes to pair The Italian with a side of chips or homemade fruit salad.
Special Notes: The Italian pairs great with a Pilsner. Will recommends the “Einbecker Brauherren Unfiltered Pilsner.” Check out Crossroads’ sixteen rotating taps at crossroadsrva.com.
Restaurant Information: When in Richmond, Virginia, stop by Crossroads Coffee and Ice Cream located at 3600 Forest Hill Ave for some of their appetizing coffee, food, and desserts.